Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
clayton.brink

My Ride: 320d E90
Talking My First BMW, 320D M Sport

Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to taking delivery of my first BMW tomorrow. I have purchased an immaculate second hand E90 320D M Sport 2011 model with 45,000 kms on the clock. Any Tips, Tricks, Do's , Don'ts and general info on the car would be most welcome.

My first question is this... what are the general differences with the M Sport pack that sets it apart and what things do I need to pay special attention to for ultimate enjoyment.

Your insight will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by clayton.brink; 03-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.
clayton.brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
atinybug

My Ride: e92 335i
first tip: it's a BMW, not BWM
atinybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
clayton.brink

oops, the excitement has clearly made me dyslexic! I fixed it up so as to avoid any OTHER sarcastic remarks. Positive responses are welcome
Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
clayton.brink

Wow, What a Car!

One of the best driving experiences I have ever had. The steptronic is simply fantastic. Those who complained about the sport suspension being too stiff need to catch a wake up. In my opinion its a great mix between comfort and performance!

I will post some picks on here shortly for you guys to have a look at.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
atinybug

The main complaint with the sport suspension (don't know if this applies to 320d) is if it came with run flat tires, the ride is really bad. If you put normal tires on, then it's fine.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
clayton.brink

I am running the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP 225/40-18 Tire and it is a really comfortable ride, considering that its sport suspension with the run flats on fairly bumpy roads I am very happy.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
AutoFreak

My Ride: 2009 335i sedan
I am thinking of switching to Michelins Pilot A/S Plus after my tires are shot... Does it really make a huge difference in the ride? My traction is already pretty good with the potenzas.
AutoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
atinybug

I actually have pilot sports on my 335i. The suspension was designed to be softer because normally it's used with run flat tires, so my e92 actually feels softer than my old e46 330ci.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
clayton.brink

Let me put it this way...

My previous car was an Audi A3 with standard suspension which admittedly was very comfortable.

Compared with the BMW the BM is obviously slightly harder but is just as good as the Audi. Ultimately the road holding and grip on the BMW as a package make it sooooo much better than the Audi!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Memphis7

My Ride: E90 320d sports pack
Re: My First BMW, 320D M Sport

Hi Clayton. I just read your story and have to congratulate you on the upgrade from an audi to a BMW.

I own a 2009 320d sports pack and love every moment in it. Yes the suspension is hard but some what comfortable at the same time. Compared to a exclusive pack witch is much softer and alot more comfortable. I do prefer the sports pack due to its cornering ability. Just gives you that much more guts around a corner. Mine has the 18" wheels with run flat tyres witch is insanely expensive but like on my previous 320d motorsport pack I will be replacing the runflat tyres with normal tyres witch does make the ride slightly softer and doesnt compromise road holding much.

Please add some pics would like to see your car

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Memphis7 is offline   Reply With Quote