Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
asifneeli

My Ride: E90 335D & E30 320i
Smile 335D DPF/EGR Removal & Remap

Hi guys,

Am new to the forum, but definitely not new to BMWs. Thought it was about time I signed up to an E90 forum, considering the amount of time and money I spend on mine!

I have a 2007 E90 335D. As of late, I have been seriously considering getting the DPF and EGR removed, installing an EGR bypass pipe, and then getting an ECU remap.

What has convinced me to finally consider doing this is a friend who has a E60 535D (exact same engine as 335D). He had the DPF removed, as well the EGR valve removed, and then installed an EGR bypass pipe. Finally, he had an ECU remap in which the results were pretty impressive.

He gained close to 100bhp and 100ft/lb of torque. His 535D is now pushing out 380bhp. The company who performed the work for him have stated that I would be looking at pretty much identical gains/results from my 335D.

All their work is guaranteed during my ownership of the car, and the cost is only 500 which seems extremely decent considering it includes the following:

- DPF removal
- EGR removal
- EGR bypass pipe install
- EGR & DPF warning lights removed from ECU
- ECU remap

Has anybody had anything similar done to their E90 diesel? If so, what are the pros and cons of having it done?

So far, I can't think of any reasons not to have it done. My friend's 535D feels and sounds like a completely different car. Doesn't have that typical 'clattery' diesel sound anymore. Runs much quieter and actually sounds much nicer (kind of like a V6/V8 sound), runs much much more smoother and responsive, no black soot from the exhausts. His fuel economy has also increased by 8mpg on average. Bonus!

Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.
asifneeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
gunmetale92

I have a 335d e92, careful with the multi spoke alloy, coupled with the ridiculous run flats that BMW force on you: you will get cracking on the rim and BMW don't accept responsibility if it's greater than 2mm. Check the inner rim of the bimmer.

The control valves and other crucial parts to the turbo were also incorrectly manufactured (not BMW, one of their suppliers), so these will go under everyday stress not even the stress the car was designed to take. The hoses are also liable to fail.

But when this car is singing, wow! It's a beast. Remapping is a great idea and on the ecu I would check the compression ratios, don't force a too high ratio. But for fuel economy you can improve from 30mpg to 35 and get 330bhp from a remap up 33hp.

Shifting to 380bhp sounds mega, please advise how it goes/ went.

Enjoy a great driving machine bud

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
gunmetale92 is offline   Reply With Quote