Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
TeeTrue

Mirrors moving

Hey there, new to the thread. Anyways I have a 2008 330i, my mirrors keep moving out of place by themselves. I know they dip when you put the car in reverse but I have to constantly adjust the mirrors because after they dip they don't return to the same position!
TeeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
tootall

My Ride: 2011 328iT 3 pedals
If they are not returning to the same spot and you don't want to spring for a repair, just set the left/right mirror switch to left, I think it is left, and it will stay in the same place in reverse. It's a nice feature to have when it is working, but you can always move it down with the adjustment switch if you really need it.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
TeeTrue

I tried with the button to the left but it still changes. Really not sure why this is happening!
TeeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
tootall

My Ride: 2011 328iT 3 pedals
It moves with the left or the right? It should be fixed in one or the other. Sounds like something the dealer can fix unless you can find a DIY on it.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
Sr_brown

If you don't want your mirror to dip you need to slide the mirror selection button to the right. I notice with my car that every time I press the open button on the remote it would change position this is something to do with the memory. Try it out hit the open button even with the car already unlock and it would move. There is also a common issue with the mirrors know on the forums as the phantom mirror there some DIY fix for this issue.

2007 335xi Sedan Monaco Blue Stock.
Sr_brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
BRWSTER328i

I have a 2007 338i sport with collapsing side mirrors. When the mirror button is to the left the settings are okay when folding and folding them even when in reverse, but when it's to the right and I unfold them, the pass mirror comes out of alignment and creates a huge blind spot. BMW had no answer why this happens

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
BRWSTER328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
excalbr8

My Ride: 2008 335I M Sport
I have a 2008 335i and it randomly moves the drivers mirror when I take the key out. It usually either points at the sky or the ground, not in between. I had it checked out and BMW can't find anything wrong. My only thought would be to see if the mirrors could be deprogramed from the key as the seat and mirror moves dependant on which key I am using. Perhaps someone has tried this as the mirror issue seems to be a common fault.
excalbr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
BRWSTER328i

Obvious typo. I have a 328i

Sent from BimmerApp mobile appguest
BRWSTER328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #9
Sr_brown

When I first bought my 07 335xi (first BMW i have ever own) I keep having the mirrors move every time I would unlock the car. I searched up and down the forums looking for answers and come up with a bunch of stuff. I was getting ready to pull the mirrors apart and attempt to fix. I met a guy a car meet that explained to me that the reason it keeps moving is because I have the mirror switch in the wrong position which is associated with the memory. I switch my switch to the left side closes to the drivers door and haven't had this problem since.

2007 335xi Sedan Monaco Blue Stock.
Sr_brown is offline   Reply With Quote