Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #1
pal_325

My Ride: 2001 325xi Touring
E90 pulls to the right

Just got 2007 328i AT. Runs good but pulls the right a bit. I took it for wheals alignment, but they were not able to find a reason. CARFAX report indicates no accidents at all and no visual evidence either. Front brakes and rotors are new. Rims and tires are the same make and ware. On some threads I red that steering column could be a problem. Could this be a blown strut. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Also, there is no oil dipstick. I can check oil level through display, but it only works after driving for a while. What if the level is low? They want you to drive it just to find out that its low? Well, I imagine that check engine light will light up, but still. Please share your experience with it? I like to change oil when it gets dark? How should I check the color of the oil? Take a sample from under valve cover?

This car has 90K on it, Should I change auto transmission fluid or not to mess with it?
pal_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
RXL328

Try swapping the front and rear passenger wheels. Mine was pulling to the right as well and I took it to a local tire shop. The manager looked at my tires and said they sometimes the tired do this and swapping the front and rear directional tires will correct it if it is the tires. Don't really know exactly why since my tires were 90% new. They swapped the tires and believe it or not that fixed the problem. Try that first. Start with the cheapest trouble shooting angle first then move on from there. Good luck.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
RXL328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
mkov608

My Ride: '07 335i
RXL328 is right about the tires; move them, and see if it pulls to the left. It could be a tire problem; I've had that problem before ... tire separating internally.

You are correct, there's no dipstick; BMW uses an oil level sensor. The engine has to be warm to check the level. The controls to access the computer are on the turn signal lever. Oil color has little to do with how much oil life is remaining. Using your rule, you'd be changing the oil in my Diesel right after you start it after an oil change; it goes from new to black that fast. BWM uses condition based service to predict when you need an oil change, but I go with the Bentley service manuals recommendation ... every 7,500K miles.

I'm not sure what the transmission fluid interval. If you don't have an owner's manual, get one. Read it. Lots of good information in there.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
atinybug

My Ride: e92 335i
The e-dipstick in BMWs is actually one of the better ones, it's "accurate" within a couple minutes of turning on the engine, and you're able to use it while moving. Compared to the one that comes on new Porsches, engine has to be completely at operating temp (like 10-15 minutes of driving), you have to be stationary, and it takes like a full minute for it to give you a reading so you're basically just sitting in a parking lot for a minute staring at the dash.
atinybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
tootall

My Ride: 2011 328iT 3 pedals
I had a brand new Honda Accord with a Michelin "radial pull" tire. It pulled to the right when it was on the right front and then pulled to the left with on the left side. My mechanic said it was a tire defect. The Honda dealer said to go to a tire dealer and deal with it. The tire dealer said that might be the case, but wanted to me to align it, balance it and let them test drive it to be sure it was the tire. All of that was more than the cost of the tire. Since it was a leased car, I kept the tire on and turned it back it the same way. Putting the tire on the rear helped a little, but Honda's "there's nothing wrong with our car, but there's something wrong with you" attitude took me back to BMW pretty quick.

Last edited by tootall; 06-04-2014 at 01:58 PM.
tootall is offline   Reply With Quote