Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
tootall

My Ride: 2011 328iT 3 pedals
2011 Bluewater Stick Shift wagon #4 available

This is amazing. Someone at BMW ordered at least four 2011 wagons exactly like mine. I bought mine in Feb, 2013 with less 1500 miles on it from BMW of Main Line near Philadelphia. They said they bought it from BMW at a dealer auction. My vin ends in 851. A few months later an identical car shows up at the same dealer, also with less than 1500 miles, and my son bought it, vin ending 852. A few months in August, another car showed up at the dealership, my recollection is that the vin was 6 digits earlier than mine. That car was purchased by an E90 Fanatic who lives near Philadelphia.

Now a fourth car, this one with 266 miles, is at the same dealership, vin ending in 850, probably also owned by BMW.

My son and I love these cars. They are like virtually brand new cars with a shorter warranty and a few miles on them at a $10K or more discount from a new. My car and my sons were flawless. The third one did have a ding or two that was removed before delivery.

I can understand why BMW might order four cars at the same time all identical. Someone liked the combo, the cost, and placed the order all at the same time. The cars were probably produced on the same day and at least three were produced nose to tail on the same day. I can't understand why they have so few miles on them, but hey, they make great used cars.

They are all Blue water Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, 6 speed manual shift, manual seats, cold weather package including heated seats and steering wheel, wood trim, satellite radio, value package with HD radio, 17" wheels with all seasons, and all standard equipment including moonroof. I wish they had like sport package, but I can add some of that suspension later, and I prefer buying low miles used cars.

My son and I bought our cars from Jeff Downing, a very experienced sales professional who handled our deals perfectly. Call BMW of Main Line at phone: (484) 434-2601 | fax (610) 538-6549 | cell: (484) 459-0660, email: jdowning@bmwmainline.com. Please tell him I referred you. I don't get anything but good will and adding to the interesting story of these cars. He will probably give you the same price the other three cars were sold at, which is a little lower than the asking price.

Here is their ad on the latest car with stock photos:

http://www.bmwmainline.com/Vehicle-D...aspx?id=437552

The car is going to look exactly like mine:

http://forum.e90fanatics.com/album.php?albumid=5604

I hope another E90Fanatic buys it and maybe some day all four cars can meet again.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Wow that's very cool. I'm curious as to why they were ordered and not driven for a few years.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
tootall

Maybe a BMW Executive will enlighten us some day about why these cars were acquired and disposed of in this way. I was told mine was assigned to a BMW Executive. The mystery is the low miles over two years. Did the executive fly around on business a lot? Did he/she have an M car or something else they preferred driving more often? Did they walk/bike to work a lot? Were they parked and allowed to be used only on official business? Were the cars used for the 2011 photos in the brochures? If so, why multiple cars? Were they pool cars and less used because they were wagons whereas other sedans and coupes were always available? Why wait two years to dispose of them? Was there a tax incentive to keep them that long or did BMW NA's credit for depreciation max out before they were disposed of?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
tootall

New link for the car with more photos:

http://www.bmwmainline.com/Vehicle-D...spx?id=440351I

Still for sale...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
tootall

The link still does not work. Have to filter the search that appears to BMW, 2011, 328, 4 cars show up and one is the wagon.

Tags
6 speed manual wagon, e90 wagon