Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Roussell

My Ride: 335i, Accord,Lincoln
Question jb4

Hello everyone , I just got installed a jb4 yesterday on my 335i e90 n54 with the dual cone Afe intake, what map would you recomend me to drive with this mods only?
Roussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
atinybug

My Ride: e92 335i
map 1
atinybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Roussell

Thanks
Old 12-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
ModBargains IV
Sponsor

My Ride: E90 335i, Honda Fit
You can also try out Map 5 which is the auto tune map I believe.

-Frank

We Specialize In: BMW Rims | BMW Tail Lights | BMW Exhaust | Remus Exhaust | Injen Intake | KW Suspension
Frank Kim | Frank@Modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext 8003
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday 8:00AM-5:00PM (PST)
| Our Blog
ModBargains IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
AlexKaft

My Ride: 328i
jb4

What exactly is the "maps" in jb4? Break it down to me like I'm a dumb child please

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
AlexKaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
ModBargains IV
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKaft View Post
What exactly is the "maps" in jb4? Break it down to me like I'm a dumb child please

Maps are preloaded in the JB4 and the user can toggle between maps using the steering wheel control.

-Frank

We Specialize In: BMW Rims | BMW Tail Lights | BMW Exhaust | Remus Exhaust | Injen Intake | KW Suspension
| Our Blog
Old 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
AlexKaft

jb4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains IV View Post

Maps are preloaded in the JB4 and the user can toggle between maps using the steering wheel control.

-Frank
Thanks for that! I know JB4 is used for turbo models. What's similar to jb4 for a 07 328 sedan?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
ModBargains IV
Sponsor

Alex,

Check out the BMS powerbox tuner for your 328i!

Customer Review:

This install was so easy I couldn't believe it. Slight hangover and all. I took my sweet time, triple checking the pins, connections, and even placed the Powerbox in an empty tray with double sided tape to keep it from moving around. The start to finish took an hour and a half because I cleaned the covers off and dried them up, etc. Otherwise I would say it took about 45 minutes or so.
Reconnected the battery, started it up, reset the clock (DST) anyway so it's all good. And not one message, error, nothing showed up. the install was perfect and actually fun. I wouldn't mind doing it again. I enjoyed it.
Now, test drive:
I noticed the initial take off from stop. Definitely more grunt. The main reason I bought this unit was to eliminate the throttle lag.
Well so far it's better but roll-ons still have a delay. I will give it a couple of days and if it's still there. I will then focus on something else as to why it's delayed. Would I buy this Powerbox again? Absolutely. As I am not smiling ear to ear, I am very pleased with it's function.

- MrQuickR1@E90post.com

Map Guide:

Map 0 - Disables BMS Power Box, all signals pass through
Map 1 - 30% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 2 - 60% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 3 - 100% throttle remapping, performance tuning on
Map 4 - 30% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 5 - 60% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 6 -100% throttle remapping, performance tuning off
Map 7 - throttle remapping disabled, performance tuning on

Dyno:

| Our Blog
Old 12-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
AlexKaft

jb4

Incredibly tempting! Which map should I use? Which map is preferred? Also, can you access the maps via navigation or only on the cluster?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
ModBargains IV
Sponsor

Most customers just leave it on MAP 3 and have seen great results. You won't be able to change maps via navigation, but you can toggle maps by following the map changing guide below:

How to Switch Maps
Insert the keyfob and press the start button to turn the ignition on (lights on the dash but the engine is not running). Press and hold the gas pedal down to the floor for 4 seconds or more, then release. This puts the Power Box into listen mode. If you start the engine at this point you will be on map 0. For performance maps press the gas pedal to the floor and quicly release one time for each map you would like to select. For example, for map 3 press and release the gas 3 times, then start the engine. Your map setting will be saved until it is changed.

Let me know if I can get you setup with a BMS powerbox tuner. Give me a call at 714 582 3330 ext 8003 if you have any additional questions!

-Frank

| Our Blog
Old 12-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
Roussell

Great , I've been using map 1 , it seems like a lot of power now.