Welcome to the E90Fanatics forums. E90Fanatics is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your E90 Sedan, E91 Touring, E92 Coupe or E93 Cabrio -- E90Fanatics is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E90Fanatics > BMW E90 Forums > E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum

E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio - General Forum
The E9X is the latest evolution of the BMW 3 series including the highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! Post questions about "upgrading" from your current E46 here or jump over to E90Fanatics.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Don Nguyen | E90/E92/E93 - Official vinyl wrapping pictures thread

This thread is dedicated to specifically E90/E92/E93s that I have vinyl wrapped. Most of what you're going to see done are typically roofs, chrome window trim being blacked out, and tinting tail lights. I also do other vinyl work on/for these cars, which I will also post.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me directly for answers. If I get enough of a certain question via PM/e-mail, I'll post it on here for everyone to know/see.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a car I did on my most recent trip up to norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrapping. I liked this car, because it was a unique color and different from the black or white cars that I am usually working on, so it's a nice change of pace. I believe it was a BMW E90 330i or 328i sedan, and I don't know the exact name of the color of this car, but it was almost greenish/silverish/blueish in different lightings. For this car, we went with the matte black vinyl for his window trim over the gloss black to match the rubber around the window trim and his B pillars, which were also matte black already. I think the final results turned out great. Everything is done seamlessly without any awkward seam lines in random places and everything gets tucked in underneath the weather stripping.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-21-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Did the roof of this gray / silver BMW 328i E92 coupe in my gloss black vinyl material. I also vinyl wrapped the chrome / aluminum window trim of this car at the same time, but we went with the matte black finish for that instead of the gloss. The owner of this car was from around Los Angeles / Torrance and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. The combination of both the black roof and blacking out the window trim really changed the looks and dynamics of the car quite a bit, even with just those two simple things.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Brand new E90 M3 that had me wrap his roof, hood vents, and mirrors in the 3M Di-noc carbon fiber vinyl:

-Don
Old 10-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I took a lot of pictures of this white BMW E90 335i sedan when I wrapped it. The owner of this car wanted me to wrap his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. I also did the top portion of his bumper where it meets with the splitter, to try and give it a continuous look. It was a bit overcast the day I did this car, so it's actually a bit hard to tell that the film was actually the gloss carbon finish and not the dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. The rear trunk spoiler is also real cf in addition to the front splitter, so you guys can sort of get an idea of how real cf and the carbon fiber material I am using compares up next to each other. The owner of tho car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
bimmer78

My Ride: E90 335i
Sick work. I shot you an email with some questions I have. Out of stater so I can't use ya, otherwise I would...
AFE Snorkles
ECS 10mm Spacer
!
Dip Pro (don't hate) - grills, wheels, badge, exhaust tips, front bumper trim
!
LED Interior (Sonic Tuning)
Tint 43/15 New Image Tint
LED Angel Eyes (China)

bimmer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

E-mail replied to.

-Don
Old 05-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I get a lot of requests for pictures of interiors, so here was a BMW E90 335 sedan that I wrapped over the factory wood interior with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl finish. I don't typically get a chance to take pictures of the installed/finish product in the car, because most people's interiors that I do are non-local and they just ship me their interior pieces for me to wrap.

However, the owner of this car was local to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County and came by to have me remove his interior trim pieces and also wrap them. Overall the results turned out fantastic and the owner of this car was extremely happy with the results. The cool thing about the dinoc finish is that it has a good feel and texture to it as well, so it doesn't make the wrapped pieces feel cheap or weird in any way.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #9
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this alpine white BMW E92 M3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The black roof really completely changes the look of the car, as you can see in the before/after pictures. The vinyl gets tucked in every where along the roof, rails, and antenna, during the installation. This makes sure that the roof holds longer over time and to the elements. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #10
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

On cars that are slightly darker, the 3M matte carbon fiber dinoc material gives the car a very subtle look from far away and only until you get up close to do you see or notice the actual weave of the carbon fiber vinyl material. The owner of this grey/silver BMW 335i coupe had me wrap his roof with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material. He drove out from Garden Grove to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. He also had me paint his antenna matte black to go along with the roof, somewhat similar to how the factory BMW M3 antennas are gloss black to go with the real gloss carbon fiber roofs.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

For this white BMW 335i E92 coupe, I vinyl wrapped over the original factory chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the OEM factory sport package window trim look. This is a good alternative to those who didn't get cars with the sport package or don't want to spend the high costs of replacing the trim pieces with OEM pieces. The benefit of this is that it is also reversible if you ever wanted to go back to the chrome finish. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com