E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Member Introduction

146K views 457 replies 338 participants last post by  EJP777 
#1 ·
Welcome to the latest and greatest iteration of E90Fanatics.com! Please take a moment to (re)introduction yourself. Let us know if you're an E90 driver, a lurker or someone coming over from E46Fanatics.com.

Tim - 2003 E46 M3

#312 ·
Hey all! I'm new to E90 but I've had my E46 for almost 12 years. Hoping to find the same joys and a lot less pains with this body style lol. I'm sure it's the same, maintaining the car and being patient with doing things the right way. Best of luck to all!! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Black Personal luxury car

#316 ·
Hey all! I'm new to E90 but I've had my E46 for almost 12 years. Hoping to find the same joys and a lot less pains with this body style lol. I'm sure it's the same, maintaining the car and being patient with doing things the right way. Best of luck to all!! View attachment 602765 View attachment 602766 View attachment 602767
Glad to see that you found a manual transmission E90! The only thing wrong with the last E46 wagon that I had was steptronic and not enough power. The E90 solved both of those.

#314 ·
Been reading here since last fall after helping my nephew get a 2008 335i. He loves the car and while he was in boot camp I got the car ready for him. I must say, the E92 is probably one of the easier and more enjoyable cars to work on. Looking forward to learning even more.

#325 ·
Dropping in to say hey. Just got home from picking up my new (to me) 11' 335d. 42k miles CPO until 100k... Sport/premium. White on Dakota leather. Stole her for a great price, SUPER clean.

This is my first BMW... Had a big wrangler before this and subaru's before that. PO added smoked side markers and tint. Going to enjoy her for a while before plugging in the JBD tuner I got :)

Stoked to have joined the family

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part

#327 · (Edited)
My 2006 330i Sport

Hey all from Brooklyn, Michigan. Jump over from the E46 side, having just sold my daily 2000 323ci. Great car! Had it for three years and it was a great commuter car up to the Detroit area for work. But time had come to find something newer and a lot less miles. So, I searched high and low and come up with this 2-owner, non-Michigan car, (via Texas, California, Colorado and the last 12 months in Columbus, Ohio) a Mystic Blue Metallic, 330i Sport Package/Premium, with a M3 front bumper and just under 87K on the odometer. The car is immaculate, mechanically and no dents or major blemishes for a nearly 10 year old car. However, the last owner a college kid, who put the M3 bumper used Plasti-Dip on the chrome trim and the wheels. MAN! I HATE THAT STUFF! Especially when you don't put it on thick enough. What a pain to get off.

The paint, was need of a restoration and after having to use Goo-Gone on the Plasti-Dip areas, which got all over, I spent 10 hours bringing the paint back. Using a Dual-Action Polisher, I used what I had on hand in this order.
1. Wash with dish soap to strip off the wax (if any was even on it).
2. Clay Bar
3. Used the Dual Action polisher to do the following?
-Meguiar's 2500 Swirl Remover
-3M Scratch Remover
-Mother's Carnuba Cleaner Wax
-Meguiar's 21 Synthetic Sealants
-TBD Carnuba

This car will be a daily driver up to the Detroit area receiving about 128 miles a day.

Attachments

#331 ·
Whats happening everyone! I've been over at e46 fanatics for a while now, but I've got the itch to upgrade to an e90 335. Feel free to share any obvious pointers, It would be greatly appreciated! I will be spending LOTS of time here before I pull the trigger on somthing... Wish me luck :hi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.